Friday 17 January 2014

Herringbone Necklace

When it comes to jewellery, I would rather wear a high street imitation handbag than done costume. Yes, call me a snoot! My jewellery collection is completely confined to fine silver; Tiffany, Links and Marc are mainly prominent. I've been brought up under the regard that having one piece of 'good' jewellery is better, more long lasting and valuable than to have a gazillion cheap pieces of costume wear that barely see's past six months, nor a couple of go's at a club.


However, the inner snoot inside of me has ceased (a little), as i evoked my past love for the Topshop department. Evidently having always been a fan of tradition and classic style, I seriously think a Herringbone necklace is something every lady should have stashed away. Whether it be this £10.00 steal from the highstreet, or your mother's very own from c1980, it'll bring any veering urban look to an expensive high. 

If i'm wearing white, cream or ivory, gold is my go-to embellish-errr. The Herringbone is simple and adds a taste of uptown woman to a H&M collarless blouse. Speaking of collar, this Topshop piece has three chains, so it is sure compensator for any loss of ruffles or warmth you might want up there. The necklace warms the skin tone and brings any floral print you might also choose to wear with it. This summer is all about colour and Hawaiian tropic prints (supposedly, but always guaranteed to be timelessly 'in'), so setting yourself to a tropic storm of chic could only ever be achieved with the Herringbone, right? 

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I wanted this necklass so bad! Can't believe you got it!
    Btw , love the post!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your shirt, did you get it recently? :)

    www.sillylittlepictures.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete