Sunday 4 May 2014

Shimmer and... Snake?


More Easter weekend events called for more silk, satin and all things luster. I was fortunate enough to attend the Jean Paul Gaultier exhibition at the Barbican in London (open until the 25th of August for the likes of you fashion bunnies) (POST TO FOLLOW SOON!) on Easter sunday with my equally fashion enthused Mother. If easter weekend weather was going to be wet, it would of course be on the sunday, and oh did the heavens open! Months prior however, I was stuck in one of those 'I just need a new, something smart to wear' phases, and similar to previous post, knew it would be a matter of conveying the brightness of spring in a weather appropriate ensemble. 

Inevitably, I found myself in Topshop. Admittedly, I hand't had my eye, nor even seen this Snake Jacquard Tee on the website, which is unusual, and knowing Topshop's wonderful efforts to be constant in producing more and more updated fashions, it must have been on the market for a while as I found it hidden at the very back of a rail; and what a fantastic find it was too! The top is jacquard with a unique snakeskin pattern, lifted by soft polyester and laid upon shimmering viscose. The contrast between a glowing gold and duck egg blue also immediately says easter and spring. I paired it with neutral cord ankle grazers... and yes, I can proudly say that I felt comfortable and stylish!

The tee comes in at £38. Perhaps not so student friendly, but with the fortunate student discount and adaptability for all season weather, I can definitely call this one a worthwhile asset to the wardrobe. Don't be put off by sizing either. I fluctuate between an 8 and 10 in Topshop, and although frustrated (always frustrated when it comes to sizing) with the lack of 10's, a 12 fitted seamlessly well thanks to the soft fabric. Without being superfluously emotive with this evidently beautiful tee, it's the type of top that emulates elegance and subtle allure, and is seriously fitting for the 'smart casual' occasions that most of us lend ourselves to. Be it work, a party or a slightly dressier occasion on the other hand, it's really is adaptable with the power to be dressed up or down. Isn't that the ultimate deal breaker that crosses our minds when trying to fight guilt when purchasing something? 

No comments:

Post a Comment